3 days to go!
Okay, so you’ve decided you’re ready to quit smoking and signed up for the Cold Turkey Contest on February 1st.
First of all, congrats.
It takes a long time to get to the point where you're ready to quit, but once you’re determined you’re half way there!
Next, follow these steps to get ready:
1) Prepare for quit day. Learn what to expect with cravings, withdrawal, and strategies to come out on top, here.
2) Think about trying nicotine gum or the patch. Especially if you’ve been at it for a long time, quitting aids can really help reduce cravings and withdrawal early on. More info here.
3) Stock up on supplies. The key to beating cravings is to keep yourself distracted, and your mouth busy. Sugar-free gum, fruit and fresh veggies, or spitz are all great for that.
4) Drink water. Lots of it. Drinking ice water will help beat cravings and feel fresh.
5) Hit the gym. Physical exercise and the feel-good endorphins that come with is another great way to crush cravings. Plus, by combining quitting smoking with getting in shape, you’ll feel even better faster and be even less likely to cave.
6) Set up a quitting rewards account with your bank. Use this calculator to figure out how much smoking is costing you, and instead of spending that cash on smokes put it into your new savings account. After a year, spend that cash on something to reward yourself with.