Things to look forward to
Tomorrow is the last day of the 7 Day Challenge. Congrats on making it so far and keep it up, you're almost there.
You have likely had some tough moments over these last six days, possibly going through nicotine withdrawal and almost definitely beating some mean cravings.
The good news is that the worst is behind you!
Withdrawal symptoms should be fading, and will hopefully be gone completely in a few more days. Even your cravings should be less intense and less frequent now. Basically, if you've made it this far there is no reason you can't keep going.
Paying dividends already
You should already be noticing some changes for the better, such as:
- Your home, car, and clothes smell fresh.
- After just 72 hours, your bronchial tubes relax -- making breathing easier.
- You have some more cash in hand.
- Your senses of taste and smell have begun to return -- everything seems just a little more vibrant.
With many more benefits to come
The longer you stay quit, the more you have to gain. Here are just some of the things you can look forward to:
- Within 2 - 3 weeks: your blood circulation improves and your lung function increases by about 30%. You are climbing stairs faster and feeling more energetic.
- Within 6 months: Your coughing, stuffy nose, tiredness and shortness of breath improve.
- Within 1 year: your risk of smoking-related heart attack is cut in half.
- Within 1 year: If you were a pack a day smoker, you have now saved almost $4,000 -- enough for a family vacation! Find out exactly how much you will have saved with this quit calculator.
- Within 10 years: your risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half!
- Within 15 years: your risk of dying from a heart attack is back down to the same level as a non-smoker!
We wish you all the best in the contest and in your quit,
- The QuitNow Team